Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weigh In Part One

One consistent theme that I have found over the last week or so is that websites on diet, exercise, what you should and shouldn't do and how long you should do it often will contradict one another.

It seems that there is not much consistency in how often you should weigh yourself. Some sites suggest weighing yourself everyday, others suggest that weighing your self weekly is better for results. Even some sites and diets call for people to weigh themselves once a month so that they can accurately see results.

Each of these plans have positives and negatives:
Daily weigh ins might not have immediate results or can fluctuate from day to day. If you ate more, went to the bathroom less or a dozen other factors, can cause your weight to go up and down throughout the day.

Weekly and monthly weigh ins give you a more accurate picture of your weight loss, gain, or steadiness because your day-to-day diet is not factored in. Though starting a diet, you may want to see more results after a week or two and you may want to weigh yourself more often.

This site: Dr. Stoppler on Weighing Yourself, does say that a recent study has shown that weighing yourself more often does help those that are obese keep on track of their diets and losing weight.


After weighing the pros and cons (no pun intended), this is what I have decided to do:
1. Prior to going to bed each night, I will weigh myself. Taking note of the results and what my goals are for the next day
2. Record my weight once a week. As I bought the scale and tested it on Sunday, I feel that a Sunday weigh in will give the most accurate portrayal of my weight and how it fluctuates
3. To keep me motivated, I will continue to blog often.

After One full week of going to the gym: 5 out of 7 days in a week, my current weight is: 214.2 LBS

No comments:

Post a Comment